The rapid prototyping model has the following advantages
(1) Freeform manufacturing. The meaning of free-forming manufacturing has two aspects: one is to make prototypes or parts without using tools and moulds. It can greatly shorten the trial production cycle of new products and save the cost of tools and moulds. The other is without the limitation of shape complexity. It can be able to make prototypes or parts work with any shape, structure or different materials.
(2) Fast manufacturing efficiency. Generally, it takes only a few hours to get the data from CAD digital-analog or entity reverse to make the prototype. This process is much faster than the traditional forming processing method.
(3) It is directly driven by the CAD model. Every kind of rapid prototyping manufacturing process is driven by the CAD digital model. The way to manufacture the rapid prototyping equipment system determines the characteristics of rapid manufacturing and free forming.
(4) Highly integrated technology. The high integration of new materials, laser application technology, precision servo drive technology, computer technology and numerical control technology supports the realization of rapid prototyping technology.
(5) High economic benefits. Rapid prototyping technology manufacturing prototype or parts are without tooling. What‘s more, it also has nothing to do with the complexity of the molding or parts. The cost of the prototype or parts itself manufacturing process is significantly reduced. In addition, it applies to design visualization, appearance evaluation, assembly and function inspection. It can shorten the development and trial production cycle, bring significant time efficiency.
Based on the advantages of these rapid models, many manufacturing companies have such needs. So you should set aside some budget to use automation to create a new prototype.